Stock & Goals

Tuesday, November 01, 2016



October has passed, November is here, and i'm confused! Where has time gone?! I want to get into the habit of reflecting, reflecting on the month and just reflecting on life in general. I saw Sharon (yess my namesake!) Mundia of This is Ess doing something called 'Taking Stock' and I thought its a great way to get you to reflect, pause and think. So.. i'm borrowing the idea and aim to do this once a month. I should probably set some goals too while i'm at it. It would be good to use this platform to reflect on them and see if I actually meet them. Well here it goes! 

Stock
Making: Resolutions to make a little more effort with my hair, the turbans were fun but my hair needs to breathe.

Eating: Ugali, sukuma and avocado. Never in my life did I think I would look forward to and enjoy this meal. For those who don't know this is a staple Kenyan dish. Ugali is.. a dish made of maize flour (cornmeal), cooked in boiling liquid to a dough-like consistency... (yes I wiki'd that, don't judge me!) and sukuma is collard greens. Any who, lets just say my siblings and I would approach the dinning table grumbling and moaning whenever my mom would prepare this dish for dinner. Thank you Njeri for introducing avocado to my ugali and sukuma, its been life food altering! You're the avocado to my sukuma.. no? yes? maybe? i'll stop.

Drinking: Water. Mehnn, this heat in Kenya is too much (says the girl who lived in a desert). Point being.. you gotta stay hydrated kids!

Reading: The Bible, Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald S. Whitney and Lies Women Believe and the truth that sets them free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I thank God for the body of believers and the women i'm reading these books with, otherwise this list would be just the bible.

Wanting: To grow, not in height, but in knowledge and wisdom of truths.

Playing: Jungle Speed! Best game evaaa... lol!

Wasting: Too much time on social media, Lord help me exercise self control to use my time wisely.

Creating: Memories.

Wishing: I'd spent less time stressing and worrying this past month because God so graciously reminded me that he is sovereign over every situation (The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. Proverbs 16:9) and he does all things for our good ( And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28).. on a side note, I should probably make an effort to memorize these verses so I can constantly remind myself of these truths.

Enjoying: Friendships in the church.

Liking: The fact that I have been in bed by 10pm this past week.. I hope to keep this up.

Wondering: What November will bring.

Loving: The time i've spent in the morning reading, meditating and praying. I hope and pray it will remain consistent.

Praying: That I would trust God more.

Smelling: These orange scented candles in my room.

Marvelling: At Gods grace and love for such a sinful person as I. That his love for me is not dependent on anything I do but purely his grace! Ahh.. what love.. what unconditional love! That there's nothing I can do that will change, move or take away his love for me (Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?. Romans 8:35)

Following: Christ.

Missing: My family :(

Noticing: My face is clearing up from all those stress pimples.. yasss!

Knowing: That my time here is temporary, I should strive to make the most of it.

Thinking: About how much this simple exercise has made me really think!

Feeling: Full and sleepy.

Bookmarking: This Article - 'A Strong Black Woman'.. Thank Julie for sharing this with me!! Great food for thought right here!

Opening: up to Kenyan TV, just watched Tahidi High and actually giggled at some parts of it.. progress!

Giggling: At how quickly my responses went down hill, from sentences to words!

And...... its just started raining!! (Some cool weather finally)


November Goals:


-Read a book on my own

-Try something new

-Go on a holiday/weekend away

-Do something spontaneous

-Post at least once a week on the blog

-Meet a new person for coffee or a meal

-Talk to and get to know a complete stranger

-Send the DisCoucher book to the printers

-Listen to a podcast atleast 5 times a week

-Show more grace and patience on Kenyan roads


(Garsh.. why was it so hard to create this list?!)

Thats all folks...Happy November! :D


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Sangare Cottages Nyeri
Photographer: Njeri Macharia
Dress: N3Milles (Ksh 7, 500)
Shoes: Zara UK (Ksh 3,000)
Earrings: Cant Remember

Thanks for stopping by
x Love Sharon x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe