That moment I appeared in Daily Nation

Thursday, February 18, 2016

"Sharon why are you on my twitter feed on Daily Nation?!"

Um.. what is my friend on about? I had to check for myself before responding, to make sure it wasn't a joke. I followed the link and no joke, I was on Daily Nation. For those who don't know, Daily Nation is the newspaper body of the largest media network in Kenya, so this was a BIG deal for me. 

Lets rewind to how this happened. I get a call from another good friend, asking me if I'm free that afternoon to meet with a friend of his who is a reporter. I'd been running around to various meetings that morning but I was free that afternoon, so we met up. I wasn't sure what to expect, so I did not dress up, I thought I would answer some questions, then call it a day. Sure enough thats what happened, he asked me a few questions about my self and the business, it was all great until he asked me to go take pictures for the article.

"Sorry?!" was my initial reaction. 'No way, I have no make up, I don't look cute, i'm wearing the wrong clothes, I am not camera ready', were the thoughts going through my head. I quickly talked myself out of it, 'No Sharon, there are worse things in life, suck it up and just do it, this is a once in a life time opportunity'. Naturally after this internal battle in my mind, I responded, "Yeah, okay".  We headed to nation center, which by the way is awesome to see inside, we took the pictures and he informed me that he would let me know when the article was out. I guess my friend beat him to it.  

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh congratulation, you are on the Daily Nation, don't worry...you still look good even without make up :o) Anyway, would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN? If you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back as soon as possible. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe