Learning: To remember where it all started

Monday, November 07, 2016


The date is November 4th, 2014, I'm headed for Dubai International Airport, on my way to a familiar yet foreign country. A place where I look like a local but do not sound like one. A place that is called my home yet calls me stranger. The fear starts to creep in. Will they accept me? Will they listen? Will they turn their backs on me? I was about to embark on journey that would change my life in more ways than I ever thought. 

It's on this date, 2 years ago that I began my journey as an entrepreneur in Kenya. A young, 21 year old, fresh university graduate, clueless to what awaited before me. I was nervous, anxious, excited and worried. What did I know about doing business? Was I making the right decision? What if I fail?

               
As I reminisce back on where I was around this time, two years ago, and where I am today, I can't help but marvel at God's grace in bringing me this far. All the fears I had, He dispelled, all the worries I had, He met, all the concerns I had became irrelevant. The journey hasn't been easy, it hasn't been without its challenges yet God has given me and continues to give me the strength to persevere even when I feel like giving up.  


Isaiah 41:10 says ‘fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.’ As I still continue on this journey, a little wiser and a little tougher, may I cling to this promise and not lose sight of who brought me this far and will continue to take me further.

Learning: To remember where it all started
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Location: Sangare Cottages Nyeri
Photographer: Njeri Macharia
Dress: N3Milles (Ksh 7, 500)
Shoes: Stardivarius UK(Ksh 2, 500)
Earrings: Jamia Mall (Ksh 300)
Lipstick: Mac 'All fired up(Ksh 3,000)






Thanks for stopping by
x Love Sharon x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe